This week I had the opportunity to catch up with my precious friends from my nutrition program. We were all asked to bring an appetizer to our friend Linda’s for a catch up night. Due to my refrigerator being broken I needed something simply (of course) and quick! After looking at some Pinterest pictures and looking through my pile of recipes I decided to make this beautiful Strawberry Bruschetta! All of the recipes that I was seeing were calling for goat or cream cheese. But to be honest I am much more of a Brie fan! So I made my own version of this recipe! Hope you enjoy!
- 1 package of strawberries
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 bunch of basil
- 1 baguette
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 oz container of Brie Cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut baguette into 1/2 inch slices.
- Lightly brush slices with olive oil
- Bake in oven until lightly toasted
- In separate bowl combine sliced strawberries, chiffonade basil, and balsalmic vinegar.
- Spread Brie cheese on toasted baguette.
- Spoon strawberry mixture into baguette.
- Lightly top with salt.
Be sure to pin this recipe to save for later!