Good morning beautiful readers! I have been posting about this over-night egg casserole on my instagram for the last week because it was such an easy and yummy way to start my orientation week. I had a few girls staying with me from Santa Barbara and I wanted to make sure that all of us were well fed for our first week of the DI. I threw all the ingredients together the evening before we started and put the casserole in the oven when I got up the next morning and let it cook while I was getting ready. This casserole wasn’t just delicious it was also extremely practical. My roommates and I were able to enjoy this casserole for three mornings. It not only bakes well but microwaves well also! I found the base of this recipe on Pillsbury’s website but changed it just a little bit for health reasons and personal preference.
Side note: how adorable is this casserole dish! I got it at Target (of course) and it came with a smaller square dish.
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 small tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 medium bell pepper
- 1 cup of mushrooms, course chop
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 3/4 cup milk
- 3 cups of cheddar cheese
- In a large mixing bowl combine eggs, flour and milk. Whisk until the mixture is combined well.
- Add onion, tomatoes, spinach, bell pepper and mushrooms to egg mixture.
- Pour into 9×13 casserole dish.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with foil or plastic wrap and place in refrigerator over night
- In the morning preheat over to 350 degree
- Place uncovered casserole dish in oven for 1 – 1.5 hours.