This week marks my first week of my dietetic internship. Our Santa Barbara interns came to stay at my house to avoid an extra drive so I thought I’d make them a few treats for breakfast the next day. I was asked to create a product to sell in Fresno State’s Farm Market for a class project. My team came up with this banana nut recipe. It is a mixture of a recipe found on Food Network, my own family recipes, and some additional ingredients that I felt would enhance the flavor. Here is my go to banana nut chocolate chip muffins recipe!
- 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 Stick of Butter (softened)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- 2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
- 2 Cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Cup Diced Pecans
- 2 Cups Mini Chocolate Chips (Or more….)
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine sugar and butter in mixing bowl. Mix until well combined.
- Mix eggs into the sugar and butter mixture.
- Add mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl add cinnamon, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients gradually.
- Once both mixtures are combined add the pecans and chocolate chips.
- Scoop into cupcake tins.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes are until golden brown on top.