This post is a quick shout out to my former roommate Morgan! Morgan had a few recipes that she made often that I loved and this Chicken Pesto Bake is one of them! I have added a few things to the recipe but all the credit goes to Morgan! It’s really simple and makes for great left overs the next day! The pictures don’t do this dish justice but it is delicious! It’s a great warm meal when you just need something cheesy and saucy! Good news though, it’s still great for you!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 small jar of pesto (this stuff goes a long way!)
- 2 small fresh tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup of sliced mushrooms
- 8 slices of provolone cheese
- salt and peper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash chicken breasts and place in baking dish (I like to add foil to my baking dishes for easy clean up). Season chicken with salt and pepper
- Spoon pesto onto the chicken
- Add sliced tomatoes and mushrooms on top of pesto
- Cover with two slices of provolone cheese
- Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until chicken reaches 165 degrees.