Happy January Everyone! More importantly, happy National Carrot Month! I thought it would be fun to highlight this well-loved vegetable this month. I wanted to kick off carrot month with a simple recipe that would showcase their pure flavor. There isn’t much seasoning or fuss in this recipe, but I think the carrot’s favor speaks for itself.
- 4 large carrots
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil.
- Place carrots on sheet. Drizzle oil over carrots.
- Add salt, pepper, paprika and parsley.
- Gentle toss the carrots in oil and spices to evenly coat.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until a fork can be easily inserted.
Fun facts about carrots:
- Excellent source of beta-carotene (needed for vitamin A)
- Carrots have higher sugar content than any other vegetable.
- Americans eat an average of 10.6lbs of carrots every year.
- There’s no such thing as a “baby carrot.” It is simply the type of cut